Is your Child entitled to Free Schools Meals?
Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive Free School Meals in maintained schools in Wales:
- Income Support (IS)*
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (IR)
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual total income below the HMRC set limit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
*Children who receive IS or IBJSA in their own right are also eligible to receive free school lunches.
Alternatively, if you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit from WCBC please call the Support Services section on 01978 297413 to discuss your eligibility for free school meals.
The Authority may check with your Benefits Agency, on-line, to confirm the benefits you receive.
Click here for a Free School Meals form